Mac guest accounts
If other people in your house (or visiting guests) use your computer, you might not want to allow them to access all of your files and programs on your Mac. It’s easy to set up a guest account that doesn’t require a password and can be restricted to use certain programs/websites (using Parental Controls). Once they log out, all the information and files in the guest account are deleted.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Users & Groups.
- Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.
- Select Guest User in the list of accounts.
- Check the “Allow guests to log in to this computer”
- If you let guests log in, you can also set up parental controls for guests by selecting “Enable parental controls” and clicking Open Parental Controls to manage those settings.
- To let guests use your shared folders and their contents from another computer on your network, select “Allow guests to connect to shared folders.”