If you are browsing the internet on a public computer, you may not want others to see what you have searched for or what web pages you’ve looked at. Fortunately there are several browsers that let you look at the web without leaving a trail behind you.
- Safari: Go to Safari > Private Browsing
- Chrome: Go to File > New Incognito Window
- Firefox: Go to File > New Private Window
- Chrome: Go to Settings (icon next to address bar) > New Incognito Window
- Firefox: Go to the orange Firefox menu > New Private Window
- Internet Explorer: Go to Settings (gear icon) Safety > InPrivate Browsing